Sunday, March 4, 2007

Fun in the snow

So today was a fabulous winter day. Beautiful sunshine and no wind. And an absolutely fantastic day for a little fun in the snow. So I took the boys sledding today at Golden Hill. Very fun! I had also seen an advertisement for an exhibit at a gallery where the artist had taken pictures of insects in the winter with a magnifying lens. So we also went there to see the winter bug pictures. We had a really great time with that. The photographer was out when we got there but her husband told us a lot of interesting things about the pictures. There were over 100. She is publishing a book of them. I might have to invest in that sometime down the line. She came back as we were leaving and had been taking photos at White Water. She had a live fuzzy caterpillar with her. She took pictures with the caterpillar and the boys and then had her daughter take one of her with us. I will post them when she emails them. Very nice camera so I am sure they will be good. Trevon has a black (not, very icky green) eye so we will see if that is plainly visible!

Not all was rosy and shiny today... Unfortunately the boys did not want to be done playing when it was time to go and with all this snow they had a very interesting obstacle course for me in the pursuit. Up and down snow plow mountains we went. They were in their snow pants but alas my sweats just did not repel the wet quite as well. I was thoroughly soaked for the drive home.
I am not much into the sledding thing myself anymore but did go down with Trevon a few times and it was really fun.
Okay, enough babbling. Here are some photos. I really had a fun time with taking pictures, but just could not manage to catch any good actions shots! Some pictures from storm. Took some through the storm door and didn't realize they flashed so not the best! Okay, putting a bunch out.



Others from sledding.....
Fun with snow angels. Trevon was practicing them at home on the floor last night so he could make a special one just for you! Here he is making it....


here it is! A beauty if I do say so myself. Tynan of course had to be unique...

and do his on his stomach!

Then we swung in and took some at Silver Lake, thought your friends might find the unfrozen lake interesting and who could get bored of seeing hundreds of geese in one place!


Hope you enjoyed them...and don't be too homesick missing them. Heehee!

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

The pictures of the boys are absolutely adorable. Honestly, I do always miss them a little after I look at the cute pictures of them. I'll have to save some of these snow ones to my laptop so I can look at them in my room. Glad you guys had fun, and the snow angels are great!!

I was in a movie when you called last night, sorry about that. Hope to talk to you soon.
<3 Ness

Mom said...

Don't feel bad about the movie. I like to know you are having some fun too! They were disappointed that they didn't get to talk to you (they said they had been planning to talk anyway; we know what usually happens!). They really thought it was fun to see your new picture and know that you would look at the ones I put out.

There is something I have wanted to talk to you about but not sure of the best way. Should I just do an email? More private I think.

Anyway, I will talk to you later. I love you. Keep sending pictures too! I miss you even when I don't see them but they do make me feel better when I see them.

Love you,
Mom xxx ooo